The following are a series of bird fact sheets and lesson plans for teachers.
Wetlands and their importance to birds (and mankind):
- Wetlands. 1. What is a wetland.
- Wetlands. 2. What makes a wetland special.
- Wetlands. 3. Animals found in wetlands.
- Wetlands. 5. Identifying Birds.
- Teacher Guidelines
- Lesson Plan for Foundation Phase Learners -Penguins
- Lesson Plan for Intermediate Phase Leaners – Bird Identification
- Lesson Plan for Senior Phase Learners – Water Quality
- Lesson Plan Senior Phase Learners – Terrestrial Waterbirds
- Lesson Plan Senior Phase Learners – Seabirds and Shorebirds
Seabirds and Shorebirds: