The best source of information on the following topics is the BirdLife South Africa Avitourism website. Click here for information on:.
- Where to go birding
- Where to stay
- With whom to go birding – including Bird Guides
- Where to find rare birds
- Birding Hotspots
- Self-drive Itineraries
- Trip Reports
- Pelagic Trip – including from Durban
Other pages will tell you about:
- Click Rare Birds Report to see what is considered a Rare Bird in KZN and nationally as well as to understand how to report a rarity.
- The Honorary Recorders Report records birds which have been accepted as rarities in KZN – going back a number of years.
- Click Alert Services to find out who offers immediate feedback on reported unusual sightings.
- Where to find Bird Lists
- eThekweni Reserves and Conservancies including a map of KZN Conservancies
- eThekweni’s IBAs
- South African Nature Reserves
- How to make a Bird Hide
- “What to do if” you encounter different situations concerning birds in need of help.
- “What Bird is this” to help you identify a bird.
- General “Birding Tips”.
- Bird Clubs in KZN
- Birding Pals
- Other useful Links