Steps to produce a Pentad Map:
- Click here to get to ADU’s coverage maps.
- Under the Google map, in the ‘Search for an address’ box type the name of a locality (e.g. Mapungubwe, Pofadder, 12 Jacaranda Avenue), OR zoom into the map to find the area you would like to visit. Click on Search.
- Then click on an appropriate pentad (block) – the one you are interested in. The pentad code appears in the ‘Selected pentad’ box.
- Then click on Submit. This opens the pentad summary page.
- Click on the ‘Google map’ link below the graph. This will open a Google map of the pentad in a new browser window; the red box indicates the boundary of the pentad.
- Click on “satellite” to see landscape features (like in Google Earth) or “hybrid” to get the map and satellite together.
- Then using your web browser’s printing function (or use Ctrl-P), you can print the map.
- To save the map you go to File –> Save as, and save the page to a folder on your hard drive. You can then go back and open the map without having to go on-line to open/print it again.