An Exciting Programme of Events
We are delighted to share with you an exciting programme of events for the upcoming BirdLife KZN Forum.
This event is convened by the regional forum BirdLife KZN and hosted by BirdLife eThekwini KZN.
Highlights of the programme include
- Guided excursions to Muzi Pan / uMkhuze Game Reserve, kwaNibela Peninsular/uMsunduze Floodplain, Mpempe Pan/False Bay Park / iSimangaliso Wetland Park on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday mornings
- Self-drive around Bonamanzi and other areas
- Game Drives available with Bonamanzi guides
- Birding for Beginners workshop (at Bonamanzi)
- Photography Workshop (at Bonamanzi)
- Atlas Workshops (at Bonamanzi)
- An evening lecture on the Restoration of the Lake St Lucia Estuary by Nicolette Forbes
- Talks on Saturday by luminaries such as Mark Anderson (CEO BirdLife South Africa), Hugh Chittenden (Author and Photographer), Linda van den Heever (BirdLife South Africa Species Conservation Manager), Dr Ticky Forbes (Coastal Ecologist and Lead Scientist | MER, Editor KZN Birds), Steve McCurrach (The Bateleurs), Tania Anderson (SABAP Coordinator) and Steve Davis (BeKZN Honorary President and Conservation Coordinator)
- Bird Quiz and Boma Dinner
- Bird Board Games evening
Self-drive birding destinations around Bonamanzi include
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve
- iSimangaliso World Heritage Site which has various sections
- uMkhuze Game Reserve
- Western Shores
- False Bay Park
- Cape Vidal
- Sodwana Bay
- Mpempe and Muzi Pans
See the programme for all the details.